ESTATE AGENTS PROPERTY VIEWING PROTOCOL
BUYERS AND SELLERS
In accordance with health and safety guidelines as published by Government, in terms of the various Regulations as it relates to Section 27 (2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act no 57 of 2002) and specific directions as it relates to minimising the risk associated with Covid-19, we have developed the following guidelines for our Members staff and clients, to be adhered to in order for us to comply and safely deliver our professional service.
In this document, all reference to ‘Potential Clients’ applies to potential buyers and/or tenants that have expressed a definite interest in physically viewing a property for the purpose of purchasing or renting such property. Prior to a physical viewing being arranged, we require all Potential Clients to take note and agree to, the following directives:
These directives are:
(i) Our business hours are Monday to Sunday between 09:00 and 17:00. No Estate Agent shall be permitted to enter a property of a client outside of these hours.
(ii) Estate Agents will be meeting clients at respective properties by appointment only, and the number of Estate Agents representing the Company at such appointment will be limited to no more than one at any given time. (iii) Showhouses are strictly prohibited.
1) Meetings with clients will, as far as possible, be conducted via telephone and/or video call.
2) Any viewings of a property should, as far as possible, be done virtually. Once a Buyer/Tenant has expressed definite interest in a particular property, a physical viewing of the property can be arranged in line with viewing protocols, and on express consent of the Property Owner/Inhabitant of the Property. Rebosa COVID-19 Workplace Readiness Plan 2020 2
3) Clients (current inhabitants of the property) are to be advised that they should, if at all possible, not be present in the property at the time of the viewing. They can however, remain on the property, preferably outside (if possible). Should the Client (current inhabitants of the property) not be able to leave the property, or remain outside, they will be encouraged to remain in one section of the property to observe social distancing protocols.
4) Clients (current inhabitant of the property) will be required to sign relevant consent forms prior to viewings/potential clients being brought to their property.
5) All potential clients (Buyers/Tenants) will receive all viewing safety protocol information prior to the viewing and must agree to adhere to it at all times.
6) Estate Agents are to ensure that they meet all potential clients at the property (i.e. Estate Agents may not travel with clients in the same vehicle).
7) To ensure optimal ventilation, Clients (inhabitants of a property) will be requested to open all doors and windows prior to the arrival of the Estate Agent and Potential Clients to the property. At the property:
8) Physical viewings are to be kept as brief as possible.
9) Estate Agents and Potential Clients shall be required to wear fabric face masks, at all times, whilst conducting property viewings, with the mask being properly secured prior to entering the property.
10) Estate Agents, and Potential Clients, will visibly sanitise their hands prior to entering the Client’s property, and will be required to visibly sanitise their hands prior to leaving the property.
11) Estate Agents will ensure that the Potential Clients are reminded of the viewing protocol prior to entering the property.
12) No more than two Potential Clients may be taken through the property at a time. Should there be more interested parties (that need to physically view the property), Estate Agents will request that those parties wait outside (in the vehicle) to observe social distance guidelines.
13) Estate Agents will offer hand sanitiser to potential clients prior entering the property (and on exiting the property) and will ensure the use of it (by the Potential Client). Rebosa COVID-19 Workplace Readiness Plan 2020 3 Clients who refuse to sanitise their hands prior to entry, will not be granted access to the property.
14) Estate Agents will, prior to entry, declare to both the Client (current inhabitant of the property) and Potential Client, the absence of any observable symptoms associated with Covid-19, as it relates to fever, cough, sore throat, redness of eyes, shortness of breath (or difficulty breathing) body aches, loss of smell/taste, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, fatigue and/or weakness.
15) Estate Agents will enquire whether the Client (current inhabitant of the property and/or the occupants of the property) and Potential Client currently display any of the aforementioned symptoms and/or whether the Client, Potential Client and/or immediate family have been experiencing any of these symptoms 14 days prior to the viewing and/or whether they have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19. Should any Client (or occupants of the property) display any of these symptoms (currently or 14 days prior to the viewing) and/or have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 14 day prior to the viewing, the Estate Agent and their Potential Clients shall not be permitted to enter the property.
16) Estate Agents and Potential Clients will refrain from making any physical contact with any person and will keep a physical distance of 1,5m from all persons in the property at all times.
17) Estate Agents and Potential Clients will refrain, as far as possible, from touching any surface or object in the property.
18) Estate Agents will carry their own sanitiser and wipes to wipe down any surface or object he/she, or the Potential Client, may have accidentally / unavoidably come into contact with.
19) Estate Agents and Potential Clients may not, under any circumstances, use any bathroom facilities in the property.
20) Estate Agents will capture the details of potential clients who have visited any property in the Company’s database, detailing the potential client’s name, surname and contact details, as well as the property address, and time and date of viewing.